On the 18th of June, we will have the pleasure of welcoming IRI’s David Friedland, Claudia Irvine and Don Purnhagen to SiriusCon Live 2020. They will present the Voracity platform and how it uses Sirius in its Workbench IDE.
Innovative Routines International (IRI) is a US software vendor based in Melbourne, Florida that specializes in fast data management and targeted data protection. Founded in 1978, IRI first became renowned for IRI CoSort, its big data manipulation and reporting utility. Today, IRI provides a complete software portfolio - and a platform called IRI Voracity - to leverage the performance of CoSort and the flexibility of its metadata in the manipulation, management and use of data in every stage of its lifecycle.
Voracity is an all-in-one data management platform for handling data in almost every format, source, and silo. The component software products in Voracity and its Eclipse IDE called IRI Workbench, allows users to perform, speed, and consolidate the “discovery, integration, migration, governance, and analytics of data, big or small, static or streaming, on-premise or in the cloud”.
More specifically, Voracity activities supported in Workbench include:
- Data Discovery - classifying, diagramming, profiling, and searching of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data sources, on premise or in the cloud
- Data Integration - individually optimized but consolidated same-pass E, T, and L operations, plus CDC, slowly changing dimensions, and ways to speed or leave any legacy ETL platform
- Data Migration - and conversion of data types, file formats, and database platforms, plus incremental or bulk data replication and federation
- Data Governance - PII data masking and re-ID risk scoring, DB subsetting, synthetic test data generation, data validation, cleansing, and enrichment, master and metadata management, etc.
- Analytics - embedded reporting, integrations with DataDog, KNIME, and Splunk, and fast data wrangling for BOBJ, Cognos, Microstrategy, Power BI, Qlik, R, Spotfire, Tableau
Overview of IRI Voracity integrated features and supported data formats
Workbench was created to manage all the data and metadata edited in all IRI software. It features metadata creation, conversion, discovery, and application wizards to help you generate, deploy, and manage the simple job scripts, data definition files (DDF), data classes, transformation rules, and XML-based workflows.
Based on the Eclipse platform, Workbench can be extended with Eclipse plug-ins to do other things in relation to, or apart from, IRI jobs, in the same environment. For example, to develop, test and run databases, programs or shell scripts, or to perform analytics on data wrangled in Voracity using KNIME.
Workbench provides many wizards, dialogs, editors and diagrams to help users design, modify, and share their jobs, metadata, workflow, etc. Following are some examples of the diagrams in IRI Workbench that leverage Eclipse Sirius, the open source technology developed by Obeo to facilitate the creation of graphical modeling tools:
Work Flow Diagram
After initial experiments in 2014, IRI selected Sirius - and was supported remotely by Obeo experts - to implement these editable diagrams, and apply the best practices of Sirius, EMF and the Eclipse platform.
SiriusCon 2020 is over now. Find the slides and the recordings on the event's website.